A memo to whovians
- Steven Moffat, no matter what you think of him, just isn’t that sexist.
- Pointing out every flaw of Davis’ era does not help Moffat, it only creates a bigger gap.
- Yes, Moffat’s story arcs are complex, but they’re not that complex, and there is nothing wrong with them.
- Yes, Davis’ story arcs are incredibly simple and can sometimes consist of only random phrases, but there is nothing wrong with that.
- Neither eras are perfect.
- Rose is not the most important companion.
- Ten is not a perfect hero. He is as flawed as the Doctor’s ever been.
- Eleven is not the only face to be manipulative. That is a trait the Doctor has always had.
- The Doctor is not a hero. Stop glorifying him.
- Not everybody is glorifying the Doctor’s actions when trying to defend him.
- New Who is not superior to Classic Who and vice versa.
- Don’t complain about Classic Who’s effects. They did the best with what they had.
- Don’t complain about what they have and have not done in the past. You cannot change the fact that it has/has not been done.
- If you have a problem with the show, don’t watch it. This applies to any other show/book/movie/podcast/etc.
- If you are spreading slander and hate, do not call yourself a critic. It makes actual critics look bad.
- If you think spreading slander, hate, threats, etc is in any way a good idea, seek help.
- There are people who like what you don’t. Don’t make them feel bad for liking it.
- Doctor Who has an ever changing canon. It’s constantly being rewritten. This is not a sole trait of Moffat.
- Just because you don’t relate to a companion doesn’t mean nobody else does.
- Being special does not mean they’re not worthy of being a companion.
- This is a television show, not the back-drop to your greaser-soc war.
- Nobody benefits from YouTube videos of a person complaining about an era using over opinionated misinterpretations.
- Do not judge a relationship when they only showed tiny bits of it on screen.
- This show is not tailor made to fit you. You have no right to complain when it doesn’t do what you want.
It’s not about men or women.
Nobody should ever hit anyone.
Nobody should ever rape anyone.
Nobody should ever murder anyone.
Nobody should ever beat anyone.
Nobody should ever threaten anyone.
Nobody should ever insult anyone.
Nobody should ever make anyone uncomfortable.
Nobody should ever touch anyone without their consent.
Nobody should ever steal from anyone.
Nobody should ever humiliate anyone.
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- friend: you should've come with us!
- me: an invitation might have helped
Q:Hi! Can you suggest to me words that are related to books and/or reading? Thanks! :D
the fear of running out of reading materials
the characteristic, faint, musty smell of old books
tsundoku 積ん読 (つんどく) (n. Japanese)
the act of leaving a book unread after buying it, typically piled up together with other such unread books
vāde mēcum (n. Latin)
favorite book carried everywhere; a handbook of useful information kept at one’s side lit. “go with me”
dhvani (n. Sanskrit)
lit. ‘sound’ or ‘echo’; the feature of a poem/line of having a hidden meaning that strikes you in the second or further readings, but not the first
tsundoku though, all the fucking time. ALL OF IT.
This is what happens for real when I can’t find the right words.
Horse Tornado is the only phrase I will use from now on
my brother forgot the word so he said “leg elbow” one time
this is slightly akward because in Germany we literally say Handgelenk (hand ankle) and Schneckenhaus (snail house) D:
i was going to make a joke about this being very german-esque but then it was real and now i feel bad
also fun things
Yesterday my friend and I were walking out of Forever 21 and the wind blew my skirt up a little. I had shorts on underneath (for this very reason) but two guys in a parked car saw it happen and yelled at me to lift it more, I yelled back, “fuck you!” and they laughed. So I took my pocket knife out of my bag and said, “I will slash your fucking tires” and they did not laugh